Friday, October 26, 2012

Out of town


One is beset by the weirdest --most varied-- thoughts when on a road trip. 
First of all, that this kind of thing is not for everyone; you're not suited for it if:

1. You have no patience 
2. Your body is not able to be in the same seating position for a long time 

  Even if you're the most road-ready person in this world, this two aforementioned things will take you down --after an 8-10 hours roadie, you tell me--, promise. 

  If by any chance you happen to travel in a public transport -a.k.a you're not driving- there's not much you can really do, except for reading a good book, or draining on your iPod's battery for as long as you can. 
But it is this specific thing --hopeless, forced inactivity--, that works like a charm when, just sitting there, the only thing left is thinking. 
  The thoughts, those that only have several milliseconds of your full attention when in town, take a step into the show light. Full-front and feeling self-important they take up your whole mind for a long time each.
You have the chance to develop them further than when in the busy environment of urban life, and, let me tell you, they keep you company well.

(This goes on in Ecuador's roads)

  Looking out of the window, several dragons made of concrete extend throughout the country. 
Gigantic, monstrous things, so alien to humans, so useful to them. Lush forests, high mountains covered in solid and unendurable milky white clouds. 
The country gives birth to many stories. It doesn't reveal itself, it wants you to unravel it, to discover what it hides on its insides. 

  What lives on those hills? What creatures, what demons, what magic exist there? 
Who controls it? Who is master? Who is victim? Who is reaper?... I discovered that I still haven't lost the ability to surprise myself and rejoice in simple things; my last road trips were really boring to say the least, and I thought I'd lost some kind of inner spark, but this one has been different.
I'm really happy of still being able of turning the most simple things --a fire in the woods, a lonely plain, an empty silo-- into something full of wonder and magic inside of my mind. 

  I've finally decided to finish writing and publish my first novel. I can't say much, except for the title, which will be "On the new gods and expectancy". Nevertheless, I want to finish writing and publish a few other things first, mainly short stories; in the process of revising some, I've read them again and I think I will have to rewrite them... again. Hopefully, I'll be able to do so, soon. 

Ok, now off to sleep, and I'll hit the road again tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment